Wednesday, January 28, 2015

stacie watches Criminal Minds: Nelson's sparrow



 Do you ever watch an episode of TV and find yourself hurting for the characters?  I do all the time because my shows are my way to focus on different stories and characters.  My shows are many times wrought with emotions so fierce, it allows me to observe things about how we as humans cope with experiences.  Of course, not many of the stories are true and they are being played by actors and actresses, but they are essentially stories made up of human trials, humanity at its worst and best.  Maybe it's the social worker in me that is constantly looking at the world through some different lenses, but I love that some shows are full of raw emotions...case in point, tonight's episode of criminal minds.

I have been watching this show for 10 years and have been shocked by some episodes.  In tonight's show, I had seen previews that Ben savages playing young Gideon, so I assumed there would be flashbacks, but I did not plan on seeing the team solve Gideons murder.  Here are my thoughts on this emotion packed episode..


-I was not as sad about him dying as I was for Reid

-I loved the BAU origins

- loved how Gideon named his son Rossi's middle name

-JJ and Garcia eating ice cream was sweet

-the bird thing disturbed me

-the fact that the unsub was played by purlmudder from castle creeped me out.

So all in all it was definitely worth watching, but have the kleenex


No comments:

Post a Comment