Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stacie watches "Chicago Fire/Law and Order:SVU/Chicago PD crossover week"


One of my ultimate favorite shows has been Law and Order: SVU, which was the first procedural crime drama I started watching at it's inception.  I love it so much that I wrote to them and Mariska Hargitay (Olivia Benson) sent me an autograph picture.  I have watched every episode of the show and have always loved the cast of characters and the show as a whole.  Last year, I started watching both Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.  Chicago PD is a spin-off of Fire, and has one of my favorite actresses Sophia Bush as a lead role.  Since I have enjoyed these shows, it is no surprise that I was super excited about the crossover event this past week.  I wish that all my shows could do an ultimate crossover, but I was satisfied by it happening with these three shows.

It all begins at the tail-end of Chicago Fire when they rush into a burning house to save the man who lived there.  Little did they know that they would uncover a human trafficking ring involving adolescent children after Severide finds many pictures of kids coming from horrible situations.  When it is discovered that one of the victims is Det. Lindsay's brother who she has not heard from in years, they decide to go to New York and they come in contact with a few tragedies along the way.  Without going into the full synopsis (I figure if you are continuing to read, you have probably watched the shows), I want to give my perspective on the crossover event of the year.

Here are my thoughts on the crossover event...-I was sad Chicago Fire only had a very small role in this, mainly because I wanted Severide to go with them.
-Sophia Bush is the best I have ever seen in terms of crying....she cried quite a bit in these episodes and it always seems so raw and authentic.
-I loved that Voight goes to NY and tries to handle the suspects harshly, because Benson wouldn't put up with it seeing as how she went through it with Stabler.
-Although at the beginning Olivia was clearly aggravated by Voight, they develop a friendship and she even goes to Chicago to help his team.
-The kids in these episodes were great, and it was nice to see Lindsay's character bond with the little girl, even having her over to stay the night so she wouldn't be put in the system.
-The police officer guarding the suspect who gets shot left me in tears, especially at the end when all of the officers are standing outside for his wife and little girl.
-I loved how Rollins was supportive of Lindsay, even saying she could lean on her.  We all know that Rollins has a bad past in regards to family just like Lindsay and it was good to see their support.

All in all, these episodes lived up to my expectations and I was happy to see my shows collide.  I hope they will do a few more of these in the future.  Do you have any ideas of cool mashups?




No comments:

Post a Comment